Most people are familiar with the metal brackets and wires traditionally used for dental braces. However, a metal apparatus isn’t the only option for straightening teeth and bringing the bite into alignment. At Southeast Texas Center for Dental Medicine, we offer several other options for braces that might better fit the busy lifestyle of our patients in the area.
The orthodontic treatment that works for one patient might not be right for another. Please call us today at (409) 838-3800 to find out what type of braces might be right for you.
As the name suggests, clear braces are designed to be discreet. While the metal components in traditional braces can attract attention, especially with the use of custom color brackets, clear braces rely on nearly invisible components.
Other benefits of this orthodontic system include:
- Brackets are matched to the natural color of teeth
- Only the wire is obvious when others look directly at your teeth
- More comfortable than traditional braces
One of the latest technologies we’ve brought to Southeast Texas is the Synergy R bracket system. Relying on an innovative straight wire low friction (SWLF) design, Synergy R increases the effectiveness of traditional brackets while efficiently using time and materials.
Key benefits of these advanced braces include:
- No breakable components
- Shorter appointments to change out the arch wire
- Self-ligating, meaning the band within the bracket adjusts itself with changes in the mouth
- Level of discomfort minimized
- Patients have their choice of colors for individual flair